Saturday 26 May 2012

Product Review - The Body Shop Coconut Gift Bag

Hi everyone :)
I have a lovely summery scented product review for you today. I don't know about you but the scent of coconut just makes me think of summer, tropical beaches, suncream and most importantly that lovely drink Malibu. ;)

So I dug this gift set out of my stash, it contains a coconut shower gel, body butter and body scrub. There is also a body puff and it's all packed up in a purple guaze toiletry bag. This retails for £10 and can be found on the body shop website or in store.


So lets have a look at the products...
You get a 50ml coconut body butter.
This is what it looks like in the tub :)
This is it on my hand, it's a lovely thick, rich cream with a strong and pleasant coconutty smell. This body butter is very moisturising and my dry skin absorbs it very quickly and easily. Also the smell lasts on the skin for hours!
Next up is the body scrub, you get 50ml which is perfect for travelling.
This scrub contains virgin coconut oil and has a soft, creamy consistency with exfoliating particles.
To be honest, I didn't really rate this scrub, the smell is lovely and it feels kind of moisturising but i found it wasn't really abrasive enough for my liking.
The last product in the bag was this coconut shower cream, you get 60ml of product and it's soap free which is nice!
The shower cream is thick and moisturising. I used it with the body puff that came in the gift set, I found that it lathered up really nicely.

Summary
Pros - Great size for travelling, love the colour of the toiletry bag!, the body butter is amazing.
Cons - The body scrub isn't abrasive enough for my liking and the body puff is a little small.
Mark out of 10 - 7/10

I think this set would make a great little gift for someone, especially if they're due to go on holiday. The scent of these products give them a real summery feel and the little sturdy pots will be great to re use!

Thanks for reading!
Jess
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Body Shop Coconut Body Butter! It's my fav! :) xx

    http://beautybyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too :) The shimmery coconut body butter is great too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I love coconut scents. The body shop's coconut line is my favorite. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the scrubs..not abrazive enough and also leaves a sticky film sort of :(..but do love the body butter !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh I noticed that too actually! My skin felt like it was covered in something after I'd used it. It's a shame because the body butter is so good and it'd be lovely to use them together. xx

      Delete